Directed by Lisa Bodollo
Music Direction by Jamey Strawn
Choreography by Roderick Justice
Performances: August 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28
Friday & Saturday Evenings at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3:00pm
Rehearsals evenings and weekends July 5th – August 12th
ROCK OF AGES is a classic boy-meets-girl tale, set at the end of the 80s to all the hair-band hits you loved. Drew is an aspiring rock star working at a bar when he meets Sherrie, a young woman who has just arrived in L.A. to seek fame and fortune as an actress. The two quickly find they have feelings for each other, but the trials and tribulations of the rock and roll lifestyle keep them apart. Drew must decide between his dreams of stardom and the woman he loves before she boards a midnight train going out of town.
Auditions by Appointment Only on the Following Dates:
- May 21 2pm-6pm
- May 22 2pm-6pm
- May 23 7pm-10pm
- May 24 7pm-10pm
To schedule a time slot, please contact Greg Swiger, email@example.com.
- 32 bars of a classic rock/pop song in the style of the show.
- Wear dance attire and be prepared to learn a dance combination
- Bring sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist. A cappella auditions will not be accepted
- Resume listing theatrical experience and headshot/picture are required to audition. Please bring with you to the audition, do not send in advance.
- Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters, but must be able to look age appropriate and act accordingly.
- All roles are paid. Not AEA eligible.
Auditions will take place at Northern Kentucky University
1st Floor Fine Arts Building room FA 117
- DREW – An appealing, good-guy rocker with great comedic timing, a boyish charm, vulnerability and a very strong rock tenor voice. Drew works at the legendary Bourbon Room hoping and waiting for his dreams to come true. He finds an instant attraction to Sherrie, the beautiful new arrival from the Midwest, who encourages him to go after his dreams.
- SHERRIE – Caucasian female, an in-shape, fresh faced, innocent Midwestern girl stepping right off the bus into a new world to pursue her dreams of stardom. Strong comedic timing, strong rock belt, good movement ability. Should be comfortable in form-fitting clothing.
- LONNY – The narrator of the piece, charming, mischievous, welcoming, vibrant personality. A guy who would be fun to spend one drunken night with. Strong, honest comedic timing/improv skills and strong rock vocals.
- DENNIS DUPREE – Classic stoner type guy who runs the famous Bourbon Room club. Torn about whether he should sell the club to Hertz, a German businessman. Very strong comedic timing. A laid back, easy going, real dude. Bari-tenor rock vocals.
- STACEE JAXX/FATHER – A sexy rock star. Decided to leave his successful hair/metal-rock band to try it solo. Self-important, confident intriguing in all the wrong ways, the ultimate bad boy; he is all about sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. Great strong comedic timing and strong rock tenor voice.
- JUSTICE/MOTHER – African American female, strong presence, once a performer, she now operates a strip club where Sherrie winds up working. Takes on the maternal role for the girls that work for her. Strong, soulful vocals and belt needed.
- HERTZ KLINEMANN – An attractive older German male. Uptight, cold, intimidating businessman trying to buy up the Strip to develop it. The bad guy of the piece. Strong comedic timing and baritone vocals.
- FRANZ KLINEMANN – Hertz’s son, young German male. Works for his father but not by choice. Pressured and intimidated by his father. Shy, gentle with a big heart. Strong vocals and comedic timing.
- REGINA – A fun, hippie type girl who fights against the attempted take over of The Strip. Strong comedic timing, belt vocals.
- MAYOR/JA’KEITH/ENSEMBLE – A strong character actor with good comedic timing to play numerous roles, strong rock tenor and strong dance/movement ability.
- JOEY PRIMO/ENSEMBLE – A young male with the rocker sensibility, strong rock tenor and strong/dance/movement ability.
- FEMALE ENSEMBLE – Three of the sexiest female singer/dancers around. Sassy, in shape, beautiful. Must be comfortable in form-fitting clothing. Strong dancers, comedic ability and strong rock vocals.