Tuesday, June 23 & Wednesday, June 24
- Bring 16 bars of a song (along with sheet music for the accompanist) and be prepared to read from the script.
- No appointment needed.
SILENCE! The Musical is a spoof of the film The Silence Of The Lambs and, as such, is performed with a comedic leaning toward the actors in the original film. We aren’t looking for faithful imitations, but the production will strive to highlight certain characteristics that defined the roles.
- Recommended Cast Requirements (these are suggestions only…actual casting may vary):
Clarice Starling 25-35, Caucasian female. She is a mix of tough and sexy. West Virginian accent. Belt/mix to C (optional to E-flat). Alto/Mezzo-soprano.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter 40s-50s, Caucasian male. An intelligent, psychiatrist with a taste for all things of class and high society, not to mention all things human. Tenor/Baritenor, to A-flat with a strong lower register. Think Evil Gilbert & Sullivan.
- Buffalo Bill 30s to early 40s, Caucasian male. Must be an extremely strong comedic actor who can do a Mid-Western accent. Baritone to G (opt. to A) with a strong lower register.
- Catherine/Senator Martin/Lamb 20s-30s, Caucasian female. Strong comedic actress. Larger physical build a plus, but not necessary. High belter with strong soprano to A/B.
- Crawford/Papa Starling/Lamb 40-50, Caucasian male. Head of FBI. Baritone/Bass to E- flat.
- Dr. Chilton/Cop/Lamb 30s-50s. Male, any ethnicity, to play the smarmy Dr. Chilton and multiple roles. Baritone to E-flat, with strong upper register.
- Ardelia/Lamb 20s-40s, African-American female, to play multiple roles. Mezzo- soprano/Alto.
- Pembry/Lamb 20s-40s. Male, any ethnicity, to play multiple roles. Tenor to A.
Production Dates: Sept 25-Oct 10, 2015
For questions, contact Ted Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org.