Directed by: Jim Curtis
Produced by: Mary Stone and Janet Wisner
Music direction by: Linda AbbottChoreographer: Arlene Borock-Balczo
- June 15, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00p.m.
- June 16, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- June 17, 7:30 p.m. Callbacks
Please come to the audition prepared to sing music that showcases your vocal ability. An accompanist will be available. Rehearsals will begin July 7th
For additional information or questions, please contact Jim Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate in the subject field –auditions.
October 09 – October 25, 2014
A deviously delicious Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical, LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS has devoured the hearts of theatre goers for over 30 years. The meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names “Audrey II” – after his coworker crush. This foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Krelborn as long as he keeps feeding it, BLOOD. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II’s out of this world origins and intent towards global domination.
- AUDREY – A bleached-blond, Billie-Dawn-like, secret love of Seymour’s life. She has poor self-worth and education, but incredibly good looks and a sweet and vulnerable demeanor. Female, 25-35 years old Range: G#3 – D5
- CRYSTAL, RONNETTE and CHIFFON – Street urchins, acting as the occasional Greek Chorus. Young, hip, and smart, these girls are the only ones who have a grip on reality. Female, 20-30 years old Range: Ab3 – F5
- MUSHNIK -The seasoned owner of the failing East Side flower shop and Seymour’s nosy boss. He is profit-driven, greedy, and manipulative. Male, 40-60 years old Range: G2 – F4
- ORIN SCRIVELLO – An egotistical dentist with a passion for leather and sadistic tendencies. Audrey’s abusive boyfriend, who is targeted by Seymour. Male, 30-40 yrs old Range: G2 – G4
- SEYMOUR KRELBORN – An insecure, put-upon florist’s clerk and eventual hero. He is a genuine, well-meaning man who is taken for granted because of his clumsy ways and poor social skills. Male, 25-35 yrs old Range: A2 – G4
- ENSEMBLE – 2 – 4 male and female roles to support cast on large numbers and play various parts throughout the production.