Cincinnati Museum Center is looking for energetic, outgoing individuals who want a creative way to use their acting, marketing or communications talents as a part of our Marketing Outreach Team that will be promoting our upcoming special exhibition A Day in Pompeii. So, if you are motivated, dedicated, responsible and love to create buzz about events, then we have a job for you!As a part of the Special Exhibits Team, the Marketing Outreach Specialist is primarily responsible for positively representing Cincinnati Museum Center throughout our community and promoting the special exhibit A Day in Pompeii. This can include, but is not limited to community events, parades, press events and other internal and external marketing opportunities. This position may works closely with the Managers of Special Exhibits and Marketing and Communications.
The Marketing Outreach Specialist will be expected to venture out in to the Greater Cincinnati community with the purpose of promoting our special exhibition A Day in Pompeii. Accomplishing this will include:
- Organize, attend or participate in local special events and promotions
- Represent Cincinnati Museum Center at special and media events
- Participate in local parades
- Distributing marketing collateral which can include flyers, stickers and temporary tattoos
- Manage booth at local events and assist in giveaways and promotions
- Engage with the public in Pompeii appropriate costumes
Specialists will also assist with any additional marketing and exhibits duties as assigned and are expected to work effectively and professionally with other museum departments and the general public, maintaining a pleasant and helpful demeanor in any dealings with museum staff or the public.
- Bachelors degree with background or coursework in journalism, theater, performing arts, marketing, public relations or communications preferred
- Willingness to dress out in a costume
- Must be a strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Must be organized, experienced, upbeat and passionate• Team player attitude
- Ability to play stringed instrument helpful but not necessary
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation
Days/Hours: Part-Time: Up to 24 hours weekly. Position has a Thursday, Saturday and Sunday requirement with some flexibility. Day, weekend, and evening hours required.
Minimum education preferred: Bachelors degree with background or coursework in journalism, theater, performing arts, marketing, public relations or communications. Other education or training desired: Costume or mascot experience
Minimum skills required: Guest engagement, supervisor, verbal and written communication
Prior Work Experience
Minimum work experience required: Prior experience in a marketing, communications, promotions public relations or theater and performing arts.
To Apply: Send resume or application (applications are available at the Visitor Services Kiosk) by one of the following methods;
- Fax: 513-287-7009
- Email in MSWord or PDF format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45203