May 21, 22, & 23 at 7:15 p.m.
in Heiland Theatre at Wilmington College.
Directed by J. Wynn Alexande
Music directed by Matt Spradlin
Choreography by Cole Haugh
**AUDITIONS are open to anyone 16 years old and up.**
- You are only REQUIRED to attend ONE audition date, but you are STRONGLY encouraged to attend as many audition dates as possible.
- The auditions will be workshop style. We encourage you to look over the music provided and familiarize yourself with the show.
- Auditions each night will consist of vocal work, dancing, and reading from the script.
- You will be asked to learn several pieces of music from the show and sing them in large and small groups. You may be asked to sing by yourself or assigned “homework” for solo singing another night.
- You will be asked to showcase your talents in movement by learning a quick combination and performing it in large and small groups.
- You will be asked to do cold reads from the script as part of the acting portion of the audition. Little or no preparation time will be given before the readings. Be sure to make bold choices and showcase ability to take direction if given.
We will teach you what you need to know at the auditions, but if you would like a head start, please look over and listen to the following pieces. The best soundtrack to listen to is the 1996 Revival Cast Recording.
- Everyone will learn “And All That Jazz.”
- All women will learn “Roxie.”
- All men will learn “All I Care About.”
- POTENTIAL ADDITION: Women over 30 will learn “When You’re Good to Mama.”
Click here for the audition packet.
Performance dates are July 13-16