Cincinnati, OH-Following their previous production of Puffs, The Walnut Hills High School Theatre Department is eager to welcome back audiences with a heart warming classic that’s fun for the whole family, 42nd Street: Youth Edition.
The show runs May 11th-13th, 2023 at 7 p.m.
42nd Street celebrates Broadway, Times Square, and the magic of show biz with wit, humor and pizzazz. At the height of the Great Depression, aspiring chorus girl Peggy Sawyer comes to the big city from Allentown, PA, and soon lands her first big job in the ensemble of a glitzy new Broadway show. But just before opening night, the leading lady breaks her ankle. Will Peggy be able to step in and become a star?
“After doing some more serious titles earlier in our season, I’m glad we’re finishing up with a more light-hearted and warm story about hopes and dreams that both old and young can relate to.” says director Mike Sherman.
Tickets are $13 for adults and $11 for students. They are now available, and can be purchased at: https://sites.google.com/view/whhstheatredepartment/tickets.
This production and the entire WHHS Theatre Season is graciously sponsored by the Walnut Hills High School Class of 1964 Performing Arts Fund.
Caroline Lovelace as Peggy Sawyer, Clark Sayer as Julian Marsh, Winter Cruser as Billy Lawlor, Adelaide Linser as Dorothy Brock, Harper Monnin as Andy Lee, Cat Riggs as Maggie Jones, Jonathan Rubin as Bert Barry, Jonas Warner as Mac, Grant Luebke as Abner Dillon, C.C Wise as Frankie, Zel Auger as Pat Denning, Sophia Puthoff as Phyllis, Violet Kimnach as Annie, Carolina Junewick as Lorraine, Maya Lipscomb as Gladys, Myah Firdhaus as Winnie, Naomi Madaris as Doctor, Noah Leventhal as Second Man/First Thug/Another Boy, Andrew Prevost as Man’s Voice/Second Thug/A Boy, Ash Kertpet as Girl’s Voice, Maria Smyth as Second Girl, Noa Jaffee as Chorus Girl, and Lauryn Shafer as Another Girl, Rachel Everingham as Waitress, Aniyah Calvin as Waitress, Jennifer Keifer as Ensemble, and Riley Coleman as Ensemble
- Directed by Mike Sherman
- Co-Assistant Directed by Clare Graff and Wolf Singer
- Music Director: Steve Goers
- Choreographer: Izzy Lachey
- Technical Direction by Helen A. Raymond-Goers
- Production Stage Manager- Diana Hutchinson
- Assistant Stage Management- Laylah Torain and Kat Swift
- Costume Designer- Amelia Price and Amelia Reidy
- Costume Design Mentor: Emma Smith
- Hair and Makeup Designer- Emma Dalton
- Lighting Designers- Allison Calkins and Tein Dao
- Lighting Head Electrician- Maya Busche
- Marketing and Publicity Head- Lizzy Rebber
- Props Designers- Kyra Doty and Abbie Kershner
- Props Manager: Oran Wilkins
- Scenic Designers- Ryan Peerless and Max Rush
- Sound Designer- Katie Berich and Maya Busche