Beechmont Players and director Jim Waldfogle will be holding auditions for their 2023-2024 season opener, Agatha Christie’s MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, adapted for the stage by Ken Ludwig.
Just after midnight, a snowdrift stops the Orient Express in its tracks. The luxurious train is surprisingly full for the time of the year, but by the morning it is one passenger fewer. An American tycoon lies dead in his compartment, stabbed eight times, his door locked from the inside. Isolated and with a killer in their midst, the passengers rely on detective Hercule Poirot to identify the murderer – in case he or she decides to strike again.
Mon. May 8th & Wed. May 10th at 7p
Anderson Center Theater
7850 Five Mile Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45255
Please bring a resume and conflicts from June 1 – August 5. Headshot is encouraged. Cold readings will be done from the script.
Rehearsals start in the beginning of June and will rehearse 3 days a week. Final schedule will be determined after the show is cast and conflicts have been provided.
July 28, 29, 30; Aug 3, 4, 5 at the Anderson Center Theater
Characters: *Ages are approximate and can be adjusted within reason*
- Hercule Poirot – Belgian. Middle-aged. Brilliant, suspicious, somewhat vain.
- Monsieur Bouc – Belgian, a young middle-aged man of good humor.
- Mary Debenham – English beauty, late 20s+. Anxious, with an air of sadness.
- Hector MacQueen – Nervous young American, 30s. Beleaguered.
- Michel, the Conductor – Any age, doubles with Head Waiter.
- Princess Dragomiroff – Russian, 70s. Commanding, expensively dressed.
- Greta Ohlsson – Swedish, 30s+. Frightened, sheepish, plainly dressed.
- Countess Andrenyi – 20s+, brilliantly beautiful, extravagantly dressed. “Out of a fairy tale.”
- Helen Hubbard – Outspoken American, 50s. Well dressed, with a touch of flamboyance.
- Colonel Arbuthnot – Scotsman, mid-30s+. Handsome, matter-of-fact.
- Samuel Ratchett – Middle-aged American “businessman.” Brusque, unforgiving, threatening.
- Head Waiter – Any age, doubles with Michel.
NOTE: For the safety of our patrons, cast and crew, all participants in this show will be required to be vaccinated before the start of rehearsals.
Questions? Contact director Jim Waldfogle at email@example.com