Sunset Players is seeking proposals from directors interested in directing a show in our 2023/2024 season.
The Sunset Players welcomes the submission of plays for performance consideration. A standard season consists of three plays to be performed in September/October, February/March, April/May, and a Children’s Workshop show in December. One musical per season will also be considered.
Potential directors should have directed or assistant-directed shows in the past.
Potential directors must be open to using experienced Sunset Players Producers and Lighting and Sound Designers.
A successful proposal would contain:
- A short summary of the action of the play or musical.
- A description of the candidate’s background in theater, including their unique qualifications for directing their proposed show.
- A list of the show’s characters with a brief description of their age and type.
- A description of the director’s concept/vision for staging the play.
- A description of the play’s scenic and costume requirements.
- A list of needed production staff.
- A proposed budget for the production.
- Any exceptional costs associated with this production? (orchestra, musicians, etc.)
- A proposed rehearsal schedule.
- Any scheduling concerns.
Proposals for the 23/24 season must be received by December 16, 2022, to be considered. Please include a digital copy of the play or musical if possible.
Please email your proposal to: email@example.com with the subject “23/24 Show Proposal”.
Questions can be directed to Dan Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org