CLUE: On Stage
By Sandy Rustin, Hunter Foster & Eric Price
Based on the screenplay by Jonathan Lynn
Auditions for our first production of the 2023 season, CLUE: On Stage, will be held:
- Mon. Dec. 12 at 7pm*
- Tue. Dec. 13 at 7pm*
Auditions will be held at our theater on 10 S. Mechanic St., Lebanon OH.
Performances will be Feb. 24-28 and Mar. 3-5, 2023.
*If you wish to audition, but the above dates/times do not work for your schedule, please contact the director (Abby Kinnebrew Smith) via email@example.com, to see if accommodations might be made.
About the Show
Based on the iconic cult film, CLUE: On Stage is a hilarious farce-meets-murder mystery. The tale begins at a remote mansion, where six mysterious guests assemble for an unusual dinner party where murder and blackmail are on the menu. When their host turns up dead, they all become suspects. Led by the Wadsworth – the butler, Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum, Mrs. White, Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock and Colonel Mustard race to find the killer as the body count stacks up. Featuring all your favorite jokes and one-liners from the movie, Clue: On Stage is the comedy whodunit that will leave both cult-fans and newcomers in stitches!
Roles (All roles require strong physical comedy skills.)
- WADSWORTH – (Traditional British dialect) The butler, narrates & participates in the action, drives the play
- COLONEL MUSTARD – Pompous, dense military man, often misinterprets words
- PROFESSOR PLUM – An academic Romeo, arrogant
- MR. GREEN – Timid, yet officious rule follower. Klutzy and anxious.
- MR. BODDY – Slick, James Bond type
- MOTORIST – Kindly gentleman who rings the wrong doorbell
- MISS SCARLET – Hollywood glamorous, dry, sarcastic, cynical
- MRS. PEACOCK – Churchgoing wife of a Senator, batty, neurotic, quick to hysteria
- MRS. WHITE – Pale, morbid, stoic, may or may not be the murderer of her 5 ex-husbands?
- YVETTE – (French dialect) Sexy French maid with her own secret aspirations
- COP – Concerned for the motorist’s whereabouts & suspicious of “the group”
- COOK – A threatening presence
- SINGING TELEGRAM GIRL / REPORTER – Cute, perky tap dancer