The Sunset Players and director Nick Dunker will hold open auditions for their winter show, BE MY BABY, a comedy by Ken Ludwig.
The play tells the story of John, an irascible Scotsman, and an uptight English woman, Maude, both in their late 50s, who take on the journey of a lifetime. They are brought together when his ward marries her niece. Then, when the young couple decides to adopt a newborn baby, the older couple has to travel 6,000 miles to California to pick up the child and bring her safely home to Scotland. The problem is John and Maude despise each other. To make matters worse, they get stranded in San Francisco for several weeks and are expected to jointly care for the helpless newborn. There they form a new partnership and learn some startling lessons about life and love.
- November 3. 4, and 6, at 7:00 p.m.
November 9 for callbacks, if required
Arts Center At Dunham
1945 Dunham Way
Cincinnati, OH 45238
A resume and headshot are encouraged but not required. Cold readings will be done from the script.
Please identify any conflicts from January 2 – March 11.
If you cannot make any of these audition dates, email Nick Dunker at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate time.
- John Campbell – An irascible Scotsman (late 50s, Scottish accent)
- Maude Kinch – An uptight English woman (late 50s, English accent)
- Christy McCall – John’s ward (male, 20s-30s, Scottish accent)
- Gloria Nance – Maude’s niece (female, 20s-30s, English accent)
- Man – All other male parts (any age, Scottish, general European, and general American accent)
- Woman – All other female parts (any age, Scottish, general European, and general American accent)
A table read in early December followed by rehearsals (typically three nights a week) starting early January. Tech week will be from February 19 to 23. We will try to be dark on Wednesday but no promises.
Feb 24, 25, March 3, 4, 5 (Matinee), 9, 10, and 11 at the Arts Center At Dunham.