Springboro Community Theatre is thrilled to hold auditions for THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME, directed by Aaron Joseph Brewer and assistant directed by Cora Ceipek.
Dates: August 1-2, 2022
Callbacks (if needed): August 3, 2022 at 7:00pm
115 Wright Station Way, Suite 3, Springboro
Production dates: Sept. 16-25
Audition requirements: Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script, as well as some potential movement exercises due to the physical nature of some of the roles. English accents will be used for this production, so please come prepared to demonstrate your best accent – it does not need to be perfect, this is just to get an idea of what you are already capable of.
- CHRISTOPHER BOONE (Male 15+). Christopher Boone is an English teenager who is an outsider due to his unique perception of the world, which he sees in surprising and revealing ways. He notices things in minute detail yet has difficulty understanding social and emotional cues and difficulty empathizing with others. From a diagnostic point of view, he is probably on the autism spectrum and exhibits some behavior that might be characterized as having Asperger’s Syndrome, though what is most important is that he is different. Deeply intelligent and sensitive. This is a very physical role, so the actor needs to be up to the challenge. English accent.
- ED BOONE (Male 35-55). Christopher’s father; estranged from his wife, Judy and struggling as a single parent trying to raise his son the best he can. A working class man. Proud, gruff, and brusque, he is unable to convey his emotions and feelings but loves his son deeply. English accent appropriate to working middle class.
- JUDY BOONE (Female 35-55). Christopher’s mother; estranged from her husband, is a secretary and is a working class woman with a tough exterior who has no support system to raise her son. English accent appropriate to working middle class.
- SIOBHAN (Female, 25-49). Christopher’s teacher and mentor, the only person in Christopher’s life with an understanding of his situation. She strives to teach Christopher how society works and how to behave within its guidelines. Constantly negotiating around Christopher’s anger, she is professional, warm, caring, calm, gentle and self-possessed and also sensitive to his strained relationship with his father. She often serves as the narrator of Christopher’s story and of his feelings; English or Irish or Welsh or Scottish accent.
- VOICES (3 Male, 3 Female, various ages). Acts as a “Greek Chorus” for Christopher’s story. Also perform various roles as neighbors, policemen, bystanders, and others. Looking for an ability to distinguish between multiple characters using voice, movement, etc. English accents appropriate to class.