8/1 – I have filled about half the roles for my upcoming play, but still need to cast several more. I attached an audition notice for my next play, Southern Fried Nuptials.
Whether you want to audition or not, perhaps you could recommend some people who might be interested in one of these roles.
I have an open audition session scheduled for Wednesday, August 3 at 7 p.m. or will meet with candidates by appointment.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sunset Players and director Dan Hawkins will be holding auditions for their fall show, SOUTHERN FRIED NUPTIALS, a comedy by Osborne & Eppler.
Harlene Frye is going to marry her childhood sweetheart this weekend . . . assuming the typical Frye family hijinks don’t derail the wedding! Harlene and Attie’s future together is threatened when the bride-to-be’s awful ex-flame shows up with information she doesn’t want her fiancé finding out. And Harlene’s not the only Frye keeping secrets: Sammy Jo refuses to tell her family she’s moving even though all her bags are already packed. As if that isn’t enough, Dewey can’t figure out why people keep on asking him to give his sister away and busybody Ozella Meeks has somehow ended up as the wedding coordinator. Will the Fryes be able to get Harlene down the aisle in one piece? A bighearted comedy about family—Southern-style.
- July 25, 26, and 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Wed. Aug. 3 at 7pm
- Arts Center At Dunham – 1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238.
Please try to arrive at the beginning of auditions. If you will be later, contact director Dan Hawkins at 513-505-9017.
Please bring a resume and conflicts from Aug 21 – Oct 29. Headshot is encouraged but not required. Cold readings will be done from the script.
If you cannot make any of these dates, email email@example.com to arrange an alternate time.
- HARLENE FRYE (30s) The oldest Frye daughter. She’s getting married this weekend. Maybe.
- ATTICUS “ATTIE” VAN LEER (30s) The Frye family lawyer and an all-around good guy. He’s marrying Harlene this weekend. Maybe.
- DOROTHY FRYE (50s/60s) The Mother of the Bride and the matriarch of the family. She hasn’t been sleeping well since her the death of her husband.
- SAMMY JO FRYE-LeFETTE (30s) The middle child. She’s pretty sure she’s the perfect one.
- DEWEY FRYE JR (late teens to early 20s) Dorothy’s youngest child. Some folks would say he’s one step short of a square dance, but he’s just dancing to his own tune. He won the lottery and all he bought was a new phone.
- MARTHA ANN FOX (pronounced ‘Marthann’) (50s/60s) Dorothy’s best friend. She runs a dress shop with Dorothy.
- FAIRY JUNE COOPER (50s/60s) A friend of Dorothy and Martha Ann.
- BEECHAM LeFETTE (30s) Sammy Jo’s husband.
- OZELLA MEEKS (60/70s) A local busybody, chairwoman of the SonShine committee at the church, and a replacement wedding coordinator.
- VESTER PICKENS (60s) A retired gentleman who made his fortune in the pickle business.
- CARTER CANFIELD (30s) Harlene’s smooth talking ex-flame. He’s TV- Star-handsome and he knows it.
Show Dates: Oct 14,15, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, and 29 at the Arts Center At Dunham.
Questions: Contact director Dan Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.