Announcing auditions for Alibi Players’ production of A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE by Arthur Miller! This classic will be directed by Tom Peters with a unique perspective. Sign up today!
Eddie Carbone is devoted to his wife Beatrice and his niece Catherine. When Beatrice’s cousins Marco and Rodolpho enter the US illegally, desperate to find work having fled the poverty of Sicily, the pair is welcomed into the Carbone home. But as Rodolpho and Catherine fall in love, Eddie’s adoration of his niece is no longer touching, but terrifying.
- Eddie Carbone : Early forties. A working-class longshoreman living in Red Hook, Brooklyn, with his wife Beatrice and her niece Catherine. Eddie has romantic feelings for Catherine, though he cannot admit them to himself or anyone else.
- Beatrice Carbone : Eddie’s long-suffering wife and aunt to Catherine, Beatrice has grown frustrated with her husband’s obvious feelings for his niece.
- Catherine : The seventeen-year-old niece of Beatrice and Eddie, Catherine is pretty, sweet, and a little naive.
- Alfieri : An older lawyer and the narrator of the play. Alfieri senses what is really going on and feels powerless to stop the tragic events that he can foresee
- Marco : Late twenties – early thirties. Beatrice’s cousin and brother to Rodolpho, Marco is married and has children back in Italy. He wants to work in America for a few years to raise money to send back to them.
- Rodolpho : Late teens- early twenties. Beatrice’s cousin and Marco’s brother, Rodolpho has come to America to be a citizen and make money. He is young, single, and has bright blonde hair. Rodolpho falls for Catherine and tries to marry her.
- Louis : A longshoreman and friend of Eddie’s until Eddie snitches on Marco and Rodolpho.
- Immigration Officer : Arrests Marco
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script and will be held at the Evendale Bell Tower Arts Pavilion, 3270 Glendale-Milford Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241 on Tuesday, July 5th and Wednesday, July 6th from 7:00-9:00pm.
Rehearsals begin the Tuesday after Labor Day and run Monday – Thursday at the Evendale Cultural Arts Center from 7:00-9:00pm.
Show dates are Friday, Saturday, October 21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th beginning at 8:00pm. and Sunday, October 23rd and 30th at 3:00pm.
Alibi Players is an organization that prides itself on presenting high quality theatrical entertainment of lesser known and lesser produced works to Cincinnati/Tri-State area audiences.
To find out more visit us at www.alibiplayers.com!