Mon & Tue, April 18-19 from 7-10pm
3868 Dayton-Xenia Rd, Beavercreek, OH 45432
Directed by Matt Owens
Please prepare a 32-bar song in similar style to the show. Also be prepared to read from the script and learn a short dance. And accompanist will be provided.
Production dates: June 17-26
- Minstrel- Male, mid 20s to 40s. Seeking charismatic actor with a thousand faces. The Minstrel will not only sing the opening number, but also play almost ALL of the side characters throughout the show including SHYLOCK ( an old Jewish moneylender), LORD CLAPHAM ) a flamboyant theatre producer) and a handful of other small parts. (Baritone)
- Nick Bottom- Male, mid 20s to 30s. A struggling renaissance writer at the end of his rope. Nigel’s older brother. Incredibly jealous of the success of William Shakespeare and will do anything to beat him. Seeking a great comedic actor who sings, tap dance skill a plus. (Baritone)
- Nigel Bottom- Male, mid 20’s to 30’s. Nick’s younger brother. A sweetly naïve young writer and poet, perhaps a little awkward. He falls in love with Portia and ultimately finds confidence in himself through art and love. Seeking a great comedic actor who sings very well. (HIgh baritone/tenor).
- William Shakespeare- Male, mid 20s to 30s. A renaissance rock star. Think Mick Jagger or James Brown. Seeking a comedic actor with a killer pop/rock voice, tap dance skills a plus. (rock tenor)
- Thomas Nostradamus- Male, 40s to 60s. A soothsayer who almost sees the future correctly. A bit loony. He predicts that Nick and Nigel will write a musical. Seeking a comedic actor who sings and moves very well. (Baritone)
- Bea- Female, mid 20s to 30s. Nick’s wife and “Right Hand Man”. She loves and supports him despite his questionable decision making and lack of success. Bea resorts to dressing up like a male to make ends meet and to prove to Nick she can be an actor. Seeking a comedic actress who sings very well. (Belter)
- Portia- 20s to 30s female. An adorably quirky Puritan girl whom Nigel meets on the street. They fall madly in love with each other over their mutual love for Shakespeare and poetry. Seeking a great comedic actress who sings very well. (Youthful Soprano with a strong mix)
- Brother Jeremiah- Male, 40′ to 50s. Portia’s father. A Puritan with deeply repressed homoerotic tendencies. He despises playwrights, poets and all things ungodly. Seeking a great comedic who sings.
- Ensemble- Various ages/ethnicities. Seeking traditional dancers and quirky character types who are strong singers and dancers.
Set in the 1590s, brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rock star known as “The Bard.” When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theatre involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first musical. But amidst the scandalous excitement of opening night, the Bottom Brothers realize that reaching the top means being true to thine own self, and all that jazz.