Auditions are open for SOMETHING ROTTEN!
Jan 31 & Feb 1, 6:30-8pm (Callbacks following auditions each night)
Open Dance Call Feb 2, 7pm
- Please prepare 2 (two) contrasting vocal pieces, in the style of the show, that show off acting as well as vocal range (each 16-32 bar cuts).
- Please be prepared to attend the dance call on Feb 2 (bring your tap shoes if you can).
- ** TheatreLab will also be accepting videos- which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit by Feb 1.
Co Directed by Angie Thacker & Gina Kleesattel
Music Directed by John Benjamin
Choreographed by Gage Wayne
Music and Lyrics by Karey & Wayne Kirkpatrick
Book by John O’ Farrell
Performance dates: May 20/ 21st 2022
Rehearsals begin: April 4th 2022
Paid, contracted positions.
SOMETHING ROTTEN Character Descriptions
- Shakespeare – The Bard. Over the top with a huge ego.
- Nick Bottom – A struggling writer who cannot stand Shakespeare. Nigel’s older brother.
- Nigel Bottom – Nick’s sweet younger brother. A struggling writer who falls in love with Portia, a Puritan.
- Bea – Nick’s wife. She loves Nick despite his past lack of success. She dresses up like a man to prove she can be an actor.
- Portia – A Puritan woman who loves poetry, theater, and ultimately Nigel.
- Nostradamus – A soothsayer
- Brother Jeremiah – Portia’s father. A Puritan who thinks Nick and Nigel’s plays are sinful.
- Minstrel – Welcome to the Renaissance soloist
- Ensemble- cover a multitude of roles- heavily featured- need to be strong movers/ dancers
Actors of all races, ethnicities, gender identities and abilities are encouraged to audition.
All cast and crew must be fully vaccinated (including booster, if more than 6 months past first two shots) prior to the first rehearsal!
Link to Sign-Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4dadad2ca4f5c61-something