PRODUCTION MANAGER (Full-Time)
The Production Manager is part of the leadership team at TCT and assists the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. The Production Manager coordinates all technical and production contracting elements of TCT productions, with the Artistic Director. The Production Manager directly supports and upholds the production integrity of Artistic Director’s vision for the organization and supports the Managing Director/CEO’s fiscal responsibility to the organization.
The Production Manager of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati reports daily to the Artistic Director and reports financials to the Managing Director/CEO. The Production Manager supervises and schedules Union Crews, Contracted Designers, and a growing fulltime team which currently consists of The Technical Director, The Property Master, Resident Stage Manager, and the Resident Costume Designer.
Responsibilities: The Production Manager’s duties include but are not limited to:
TCT | MainStage
- Working closely with the Finance Director, the Managing Director/CEO, and the Artistic Director to form the Season budget
- Assist the TD, Scenic Charge, Properties Master and Costume Shop Manager in creating build schedules
- Manage and help to create production and design budget goals
- Coordinate Taft and Union schedules, contract negotiations, and hiring
- Manage contracts and assess need for hiring of additional technical contractors (for example: painters, scenic and costume designers, carpenters, stitchers, wig masters, hair and make-up artists, sound and lighting designers, musicians, crew, stage combat instructors, puppet engineers, master electricians)
- Schedule budget forecast meetings with Artistic Director and Managing Director/CEO
- Attendance at some performances and technical rehearsals
- Responding to reports after performances and rehearsals as needed
Education and Outreach
- Organize and execute technical needs and over-hire contracts for the final performances of TCT Academy classes, TCT on Tour performances, summer programming, and any presenting performances from outside tours.
- Manage build schedule for TCT On Tour
Technical Theatre Coordination
- Manage production and tech schedule for all divisions
- Coordinate transportation needs and the return of rented or borrowed items
- Coordinate TCT company calendar with Operations/Development and manage internal production calendar
- Coordinate contracting and scheduling talent with the Associate Artistic Director for any events, photoshoots, appearances, etc.
- Manage union schedules and union hiring
- Assess the current inventories and future technical needs with the TD
- Schedule all production meetings for all productions across TCT divisions
- Develop and enforce practices that ensure safe, effective, efficient production facilities
- Make recommendations regarding capital purchases of technical equipment
- Supervise production and tech schedule for all divisions.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing production budgets
- Broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre
- Union and independent contract negotiations
- Experience tracking build schedules for technical departments
- Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaboration with a tight-knit, mission-oriented, and dedicated staff
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Maintain a flexible but balanced work schedule, while prepping their reports to effectively do their duties, which often occur during irregular and extended working hours.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events or performances
- Familiarity with industry standard theatrical software.
- Prior experience supervising and building a team in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, both written and oral are imperative
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to step in and perform basic duties of their employees in a pinch
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000
- Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service
- Very generous PTO based on years of service
- Generous paid holiday schedule
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit via email with whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio(s), and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject Line: PM Submission 2022
- Application deadline: Midnight: January 31, 2022
- Start Date: February/March 2022