Open audition notice for THE PRICE by Arthur Miller
Audition Dates: Mon & Tue, Feb 7 & 8, 2021, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Mar 25-Apr 10, 2022
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Debra Kent
Produced by K.L.Storer
Years after an angry breakup, two brothers, Victor and Walter Franz, are reunited by the death of their father. As they sort through his possessions in an old brownstone attic, the memories evoked by his belongings stir up old hostilities. THE PRICE is about family dynamics, the price of furniture and the price of one’s decisions. It premiered on Broadway in 1968, and has had four revivals since. The Price was nominated for two Tony Awards in 1968, including best play.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please bring all scheduling conflicts between Feb 9 and Apr 10, 2022
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE AUDITIONING OR OTHERWISE.
ALL CAST AND CREW ARE REQUIRED TO BE VACCINATED FOR COVID-19
- Victor Franz – Nearly 50*, and the youngest of the two brothers, a policeman
- Esther Franz – Victor’s wife
- Gregory Solomon – An antiques appraiser and buyer, somewhere close to 90*
- Walter Franz – Oldest of the two brothers, mid-fifties or so*
It’s much more important that an actor be able to PLAY an age rather than actually BE the age.
The director is looking to cast two actors who can play brothers, one slightly older than the other, and both old enough to question the choices they’ve made in life.
For more information contact:
Producer K.L.Storer at email@example.com
The show runs weekends Mar 25-Apr 10, 2022
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/