Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Position: A Christmas Carol Overhire Run Crew
Reports to: Production Stage Manager and Director of Production
Position Contract Dates: Nov. 16 – Dec. 30, 2021 with possible extension to Jan. 2, 2022.
Responsible for running various technical elements on our 30th production of A Christmas Carol during performance at the direction of the Playhouse house staff. Physical locations for this job are all of the various levels of the Marx Theatre, and the accompanying backstage and support areas. This is a temporary position that will span 7 weeks, and will require work mostly outside normal business hours, including, but not limited to, evenings and weekends.
- Props Run Crew:
- Preparing the stage for rehearsal and performance, according to instructions from Stage Management, and Props Run Crew.
- Presetting and tracking set pieces or props during rehearsals and performances, making sure items are in proper position, at the proper times.
- Moving set pieces and handing off both props and set pieces during rehearsals and performances.
- Cleaning up onstage and backstage as needed after rehearsal and performance.
- Making crew leads aware of needed updates to paperwork.
- Additional specific duties as assigned.
- Wardrobe Run Crew:
- Assisting the actors with dressing pre- and post-show. This may include assisting with hair styling and/or prepping and securing wigs.
- Presetting and tracking costume pieces before, during and after rehearsals and performances.
- Executing costume changes throughout the performance, as assigned.
- Repairs and maintenance to costume pieces that may include hand sewing, machine sewing, as well as painting and/or polishing and other “touch-ups” as needed.
- Nightly laundry, including ironing, steaming, de-linting and distributing costumes.
- Minor touch-up to existing wig styles.
- Create wardrobe track paperwork as needed.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated team player that handles pressure well while working in a deadline-oriented industry and embracing a safety-oriented work environment.
- The ability to self-critique and correct their work while maintaining sensitivity to the overall artistic vision is paramount.
- 1-2 years’ experience in technical theatre or entertainment industry equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- A basic knowledge of technical theatre terms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- For Wardrobe Positions – Basic Sewing Skills.
- Works well with others or independently
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk (sometimes quickly), talk, hear and speak.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is often performed in dimly lit areas.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.
All employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Jessica Lucas, Associate Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 25, 2021. No phone calls, please.