Click here to visit the official audition page to sign-up to audition
TCT is a professional theatre company and here is when YOU can take the stage. This class combines instruction with the opportunity to perform in a fully-staged musical with props, costumes and sets. Our curriculum combines instruction with “doing,” to best help students internalize and master the theater skills taught. To complement and reinforce the learning process, students will also spend time rehearsing for their production that culminates in public performances.
Important Information – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- The audition form link will go live here on the website on Monday, August 2, 2021 and can be found on this page at that date. The audition link will close on Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 11:59pm. Auditions are open to ages 13 -18.
- Rehearsals are Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30pm-6:30pm, September 8, 2021-November 10, 2021. Tech Rehearsals are Sunday, November 14, 11am – 4pm, and Monday – Thursday, November 15 – 18, 4:30pm – 8:30pm.
- All Staff and Students will be required to wear a mask while in the building.
- Students will film and upload themselves singing 1, 16-bar cut song of their choice and performing 1 of the 4 monologues provided below. Please don’t sing from the show. Students may choose any monologue below to perform, regardless of gender.
- While filling out your virtual audition form, you will select an “audition appointment”. The time you select indicates when the creative team will view your audition video and has no connection to an actual audition time for you to be present. There are no in-person auditions. “Audition Appointment” = when TCT Staff will watch your video.
- If cast, you will be sent a payment link when announced. All payments are due in full by the time of the first rehearsal. The price is $535 per student. Please do not email about updates on casting. All auditionees will be contacted regardless of casting outcome on August 30, 2021.
- Due to the style of the show, some students might be asked to help supplement their costumes with some pieces brought from their own closets.
Mondays and Wednesdays, September 8 – November 10, 2021.
4:30pm – 6:30pm.
Tech week (both casts):
Sunday, November 14, 11am – 4pm
Monday- Thursday, November 15 – 18, 4:30pm – 8:30pm.
Female Option 1 You don’t get to be a nobody. Come Monday, You’re an ex-somebody. Not even the losers are gonna talk to you now. You can transfer to Washington and you can transfer to Jefferson, but no one at Westerberg is gonna let you play their reindeer games. I’m like oxygen: I’m everywhere. Really, Veronica? Making out with psycho trench coat kid? I will end you for this. Everyone in school is gonna know that “good little Veronica Sawyer” is nothing but a floozy tart. (VERONICA pukes on HEATHER CHANDLER’s shoes) AAAAAAAAAAHHH! I raised you up from nothing! And this is my thanks? I get paid in puke????? I know who I’m eating lunch with on Monday. Do you?
Female Option 2 Our children are dying! I hate to pull out my counterculture bonafides, here, but what this school needs is a good old fashion rap session. Now I suggest that we gather everyone into the cafeteria and just talk and feel together! (Pause) Go ahead, laugh at the hippy, but I am telling you we all misjudged Heather Chandler. This is the loveliest suicide that I’ve ever read.
Male Option 1 What is that I smell in the air? Tolerance? Inclusion? Love? You know, how often can you say it’s a good day to live Westerberg, Ohio? You’re welcome, town. Your love keeps me humble. So, who’s next to get rid of…Heather Duke? She started that rumor about you. I’ve already taken the liberty of underlining meaningful passages in her copy of Moby Dick, if you know what I mean. (beat) Look, any war has casualties. It doesn’t mean it’s not worth fighting! But what? You’d rather go to jail and give a free pass to the thugs who hurt people, evil people who make this world so unbearable you can’t stand to go on living?
Male Option 2 How was work?? It was miserable. Some group of withered old women is trying to stop me from blowing up this fleabag hotel all because Glenn Miller and his band once took a picture there. Just like Kansas. Do you remember Kansas? Save the Memorial Oak Society. Showed those tree huggers 30 bricks of C4 explosives strapped to the trunk! Arraigned but acquitted. Damn, I love Kansas.