Alibi Players has weathered the long storm and is thrilled to announce we will be up and running with our September show THE MEMORY OF WATER by Shelagh Stephenson, directed by Alan Kootsher.
THE MEMORY OF WATER is the story of three sisters who have come together for their mother’s funeral. Vi, the mother, passed away from Alzheimers at 75 and appears to Mary as her 40ish reflection. The play is about relationships and how memories are shaped by our perceptions rather than actual events.
The show runs September 10, 11, 12 and 17, 18 and 19, 2021 at The Liberty Exhibition Hall in Northside.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, June 13, 2021 from 1-4pm and on Monday, June 14, 2021 from 7-9pm at
Cherry Grove United Methodist Church
1428 Eight Mile Road
We are also seeking a stage manager as well as someone to run props on show nights. Please call Alibi Players at 513.371.1600 if you are interested.
Please see the character descriptions below.
- Vi – The deceased mother of the three sisters she appears to the middle sister, Mary, as a 40 yr old woman.
- Theresa – 43-45 year old sister who owns a health supplement store and is a poor me person.
- Mary – 39 year old doctor who is in a five-year affair with Mike, a married doctor. She gave up a son at age 14.
- Catherine – A 33 year old irresponsible run-around who lives on credit card debt and has ill-fated affair after affair. A pothead
- Mike – Mary’s lover. Approximately 40-45 years old.
- Frank – 45-50 years old. Theresa’s husband who hates owning the store. He wants to open a pub.
The setting will be modern day and takes place in Yorkshire England. So British accents are required. Please sign up for an audition slot below.
Rehearsals start August 1, 2021 and run Sunday afternoons 1-4pm and on Tuesday and Wednesday nights 7-9pm through Labor Day at The Cherry Grove United Methodist Church on Eight Mile Rd.
We also are pleased to announce our 2022 season. Our January 2022 show will be That Championship Season, by Jason Miller, directed by Alan Kootsher and our September 2022 show will be A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller, directed by Tom Peters.
Learn more at http://alibiplayers.com