Video submissions are now being accepted.
Deadline for submissions is January 20th at 11:59pm.
Directed by Jacqlyn Schott
Music Directed by Matthew Nassida
Produced by Denise A. Schnieders
A heartwarming Cinderella story about a witty and winsome young woman and her mysterious benefactor, based on the treasured novel that inspired the classic 1955 film. DADDY LONG LEGS is a beloved tale in the spirit of Jane Austen, The Bronte Sisters and Downton Abbey.
DADDY LONG LEGS features music and lyrics by Tony Award-nominated composer/lyricist, Paul Gordon (Jane Eyre), and Tony-winning librettist/director, John Caird (Les Miserables), and is a “rags-to-riches” tale of newfound love.
Set in the early 1900s in New England, DADDY LONG LEGS follows Jerusha Abbott, the “oldest orphan in the John Grier Home,” as her life is forever changed by a mysterious benefactor giving her the opportunity to attend college to be educated as a writer. The only condition: to write to him monthly with no expectation of receiving a reply. Through her letters to her benefactor–whom she dubs “Daddy Long Legs” in her ignorance of his identity–the audience follows Jerusha’s blossoming and adventures in her newfound freedom.
Occasionally accompanied by her roommate’s uncle, Jervis, who further enriches her world, Jerusha’s life is changed forever–all due to one startling truth she has yet to discover.
- Jerusha (~20-30) – the oldest orphan in the John Grier Home. Witty and intelligent, received funding for college from an anonymous benefactor whom she dubs Daddy Long Legs. (G3- Bb5)
- Jervis (~25-35) – Jerusha’s anonymous benefactor. A shy, highly educated East Coast aristocrat. (G3- G#4)
Rehearsals will begin virtually at the end of January. Any in person rehearsals will be conducted per COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Performance weekend will be March 5th-7th hosted at Loveland Stage Company.
Material To Prepare:
- Please prepare 32 bars of a musical theatre song.
- Songs should not be from the show and should be sung with accompaniment.
- No a cappella auditions will be considered.
- You may be asked to sing from the score and/or read from the script at callbacks and so familiarity with the show is strongly encouraged.
- Please submit the video and/or link to auditions@INNOVAtheatre.com along with any additional audition materials (eg: audition form, headshot, resume). Acceptable video formats: YouTube, Google Drive (NOT Google Photo), Vimeo, WeTransfer, or DropBox.
In your email, please also include availability for callbacks.