Beechmont Players is holding another ZOOM play reading on Sunday afternoon, January 10th from 2-4pm.
MEZZULAH, 1946 is an as-yet-unpublished dramedy (see below) by acclaimed playwright Michele Lowe, who wrote THE SMELL OF THE KILL (produced by BPI four years ago).
A spunky young woman tries to carve out a career and a life in the chaotic period following the end of World War II. Mezullah is the last woman working at a Boeing aircraft factory. The men want her out, but she doesn’t want to go. Meanwhile, friends and relatives try to resolve relationships that include a ghost and a woman hunting her missing (soldier) husband.
- Mezzulah Steiner: Katie Jensen
- Mary Steiner: Aubrey Wilson
- Suzannah Hart: Carrie Knauer
- Clementine Flynn/Sally Cauley: Katherine Anderson
- Elvira Glass/Mrs. Bates: Maggie Harris
- Isaiah Benson: Bryce Willson
- Horace Steiner/Man #1: Jody Hart
- Charlie Steiner/Reverend: Jim Waldfogle
- Errol Hart/Man #3: Steve Phelan
- Fist/Man #2: James Christian Jr.