Equality Productions proudly presents auditions for THE BOARDER, a radio play written and directed by Lynne Aronson. The 45-minute production will be rehearsed and recorded online with live commercials and sound effects.
Synopsis: Cindy and Karen, who are sisters, share a home. Even with their combined incomes, they can’t quite make ends meet. It is suggested that they rent a room to a boarder to make some extra dollars. An interesting and strange lady answers their ad and the sisters offer her the room. She has a few odd requests for her at-home, mysterious, business. Oh, and she has a cat.
Auditions will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, 9/15 and Thursday, 9/17 beginning at 7:30 pm. The director will ask auditionees to read part of the script for your character.
Sign up for an audition: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4EA4AE29ABFB6-theboarder. Then email your theater resume and headshot to the director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/12.
Non-union. This production will be done as a fundraiser and therefore these roles are not paid. All rehearsals will take place online in a Zoom format. The tentative rehearsal schedule is 3 rehearsals a week for 3 weeks starting on September 21st.
Equality Productions encourages submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds, including all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual identities, ages, and gender identities.
- POSTMAN: Any age man, friendly and outgoing. Knows the Caldwells.
- CINDY CALDWELL: A lady of a certain age and older sister of KAREN.
- KAREN CALDWELL: Also a lady of a certain age and younger sister of Cindy
- OLGA: The mysterious boarder. Must have an accent, not British. Think Eastern Europe
- LADY #1: Any age woman to do commercials
- LADY #2: Any age woman to do commercials. This can be done by one actress if she can change her voice sufficiently.
- TELEPHONE TECHNICIAN: Can be the same actor as the POSTMAN
- GRESHAKINS: The cat, no particular age or accent necessary.
- THE ANNOUNCER: Precast