Equality Productions’ virtual production of OTHER DESERT CITIES by Jon Robin Baitz. Directed by Brian Westerley.
It’s December 2004 and Brooke Wyeth returns home to Palm Springs after a six-year absence to celebrate Christmas with her parents, her brother and her aunt. Brooke announces that she is about to publish a memoir dredging up a pivotal and tragic event in the family’s history – a wound they don’t want to be reopened. In effect, she draws a line in the sand and dares them all to cross it.
Auditions for this show will be Wednesday, August 26th & Thursday, August 27th beginning at 7P. Auditions will consist of readings from the script, which will be emailed to you prior to your audition. Please sign up for your time slot & identify the character for your audition: https://tinyurl.com/yyayh595
If you need a timeslot other than what is showing as available, email the producer, Richard Zenk, at email@example.com.
- Lyman Wyeth: (Late 50’s to late 60’s): Kind and gentle patriarch. A Hollywood B actor with some celebrity and charm who turned that into political influence. He is conservative but with a sense of humor about himself and a deep love for his family.
- Polly Wyeth: (Late 50’s to late 60’s): Lyman’s wife. Graceful and acerbic matriarch. She has been active for decades in the Republican Party. She is deeply devoted to the preservation of her social standing, her family, and the health of her husband.
- Brooke Wyeth: (Mid 30’s to 40’s): Lyman and Polly’s daughter. She is a professional writer who has been living in New York after a mental breakdown.
- Trip Wyeth: (Late 20’s to mid 30’s): Brooke’s brother. Witty and self-effacing. He is a TV producer for reality TV – in a family obsessed with his intellectual, older sister’s mental health.
- Silda Grauman: (late 50’s to early 70’s): Polly’s sister. Creative, fragile, and funny. A former B movie writer, and the Bohemian, polar opposite of her sister. She is fresh out of rehab and repays the support of the conservative Wyeths by joining Brooke in some liberal needling of her parents.
Zoom rehearsals will be TBD based on actor availability. This show is a benefit & all roles are unpaid. The show will be recorded via Zoom & uploaded to YouTube.
Please email your headshot & resume by August 23rd to Brian Westerley at firstname.lastname@example.org