EQUALITY PRODUCTIONS announces the auditions for its virtual production of DOLL’S HOUSE, PART TWO by Lucas Hnath. Fifteen years ago, Nora left her husband, Torvald. Nora has since become a successful feminist writer, while Torvald continued to work at the bank and raised their children. But after all that’s happened, will Torvald be willing to give her what she wants? After all this time, is Nora prepared to face what she left behind?
- NORA: A writer and ex-mother. Intelligent and independent, she takes great pride in her success and autonomy. (Stage Age 40-50)
- TORVALD: Nora’s estranged husband. On the surface, he is measured and reserved. He feels quite deeply, but is unsure of how to express it. (Stage Age 50-60)
- ANNE MARIE: The housekeeper and nanny of the Helmer household. Bighearted, candid, and quick to make every sacrifice for those around her. (Stage Age 60-75)
- EMMY: Nora and Torvald’s daughter. Young, but not to be underestimated. Cunning and wise, self-aware, and in some ways, a traditional romantic. (Stage Age early 20s)
Equality Productions encourages submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds, including all races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual identities, ages, and gender/gender identities.
Non-union. This production will be done as a fundraiser and therefore these roles will not be paid. All rehearsals will take place online in a Zoom format. The show will be recorded and released in late August.
Cast members’ minimum technical requirements include:
- A computer, smartphone, or tablet with a working microphone and camera that can be used without a headset
A stable high-speed internet connection (https://www.speedtest.net/) and the ability to connect your device directly via ethernet cable, and
A quiet space with good/controllable lighting to rehearse and record.
Auditions will be held online the week of July 6-10th afternoons and evenings. Times are listed in PST. Sign up for your audition no later than Sunday, July 5th at 5 pm PST at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040449abaa28a4ff2-dolls. A Google Meet link will be emailed to you on the day of your audition.
Actors are asked to prepare to perform sides for their character(s) of choice. These sides can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bqWCnRFVFVBqG3SjORfmc4OGfkVlQ-EAxGrI94fx0o/edit?usp=sharing
Please email the following items to Cleo DeOrio, the director, at email@example.com, no later than 9pm PST on Monday, July 6th.
Headshot (file name should be first_last_hs – e.g., Mary Jones HS)
Theatre resume (file name should be first_last_resume – e.g. Mary Jones Resume)
Preferred Role(s) you’d like to read for; if more than one list them in order of preference, and,
Conflicts – Rehearsal dates and times you can NOT attend from July 12th to August 30th (weekday evenings from 4-7pm PST/7-10pm EST, Saturdays from 11am – 4 pm PST/2-7pm EST).
Rehearsals will take place 2 to 3 times per week from mid-July to mid/late August on weekday nights and some weekends, based on actor availability. Actors will be responsible for their costumes, hair, props, and makeup. The director will assist if needed.