The Drama Workshop and director Dan Maloney announce auditions for:
A Catered Affair
Book by Harvey Fierstein
Music and lyrics by John Bucchino
2 PM Sunday, December 1st (Doors open at 1:30 PM)
7 PM Monday, December 2nd (Doors open at 6:30 pm)
Location: The TDW Annex
3619 Harrison Avenue
Cheviot, OH 45211
NOTE: Please park in the old Cappel’s lot on Gamble street and enter the annex through the back door.
Performance Dates: February 21 – March 8, 2020
A Catered Affair tells the story of a Bronx mother’s efforts to give her only daughter the elaborate wedding she never had – and the bride never asked for. In this funny, poignant and oh, so human show of love and disaffection, Harvey Fierstein’s book and John Bucchino’s score explore both our need for love and the true meaning of family. The Broadway production received 12 Drama Desk Award nominations, the most of any show of the 2007-2008 season, and was chosen as Best Musical by the New York Drama League
- AGGIE – mother of the bride (40-60s)
- TOM – father of the bride (40-60s)
- JANEY – the bride
- RALPH – the groom
- WINSTON – uncle of the bride (40-60s)
- MR. HALLORAN – groom’s father, doubles as SAM the cab driver
- PASHA – neighbor, doubles as MRS. HALLORAN – groom’s mother
- MYRA – neighbor, doubles as WEDDING DRESS SALESWOMAN
- DOLORES – neighbor, doubles as THE CATERER
- ALICE – Janey’s best friend, doubles as ARMY SERGANT
Need to bring 16 bars of a song that showcases your voice and sheet music.
Please use the sign-up genius at the link below to select your audition time slot.
Rehearsals will begin on or around January 6, 2020 with a possible read-through in December.
Please bring known conflicts. Headshots and resumes are appreciated but not required.