Auditions for Beechmont Players’ WEEKEND COMEDY
A comedy by Jeanne and Sam Bobrick
Directed by Steve Phelan
Two couples, two generations, one weekend, one cabin…
A generational collision between two couples who’ve been double-booked into a weekend vacation rental provides laughter and a joyous look at marriage and happiness.
At Cherry Grove United Methodist Church
1428 Eight Mile Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45255
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Frank and Peggy, a married couple in their early 50’s.
- Frank is stodgy and complacent—happy with his life and his marriage, and not understanding why his wife has dragged them off to a cabin in the woods when they have a perfectly good house in the suburbs.
- Peggy is frustrated and sarcastic. Not…unhappy with her marriage, but wishing Frank could be more spontaneous and romantic. Which is why they’re at a cabin in the woods.
- Jill and Tony, an unmarried couple who’ve been living together for three years.
- Tony is a handsome young man in his late 20’s. Affluent, and enjoying the good life. He’s single and sees no reason not to be.
- Jill is an attractive young woman in her early 20’s. She loves Tony, and is reconciled to just living together, since they are having so much fun.
Email Director: Steve Phelan (email@example.com)