Open audition notice for THE MUSICAL COMEDY MURDERS OF 1940 by John Bishop
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, July 8 & 9, 2019, starting at 7pm both nights.
Production dates: Aug 23-Sep 8, 2019
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Doug Lloyd
Produced by Debra Kent
The creative team responsible for a recent Broadway flop, in which three chorus girls were murdered by the mysterious “Stage Door Slasher,” assemble for a backer’s audition of their new show at an exclusive Westchester estate. But the infamous “Slasher” reappears and strikes again and again. As the composer, lyricist, actors and director prepare their performance, a blizzard cuts off any possibility of leaving. Bodies start to drop in plain sight, and the bumbling police inspector who snowshoes in to investigate helps solve the mystery in the nick of time and the “Slasher” is ultimately unmasked.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between July 10 and Sep 8, 2019.
- Helsa Wenzel – The maid, *played by a male*, must be able to do a German Accent
- Elsa Van GrossenKnueten – Attractive, middle-aged patron of the arts
- Michael Kelly – Sergeant of the NYPD
- Patrick O’Reilly – Large in stature, somewhat sinister, must be able to use an Irish and Brooklyn accent
- Ken De La Maize – Handsome, mid 40’s, tan, very Hollywood, the director
- Nikki Crandall – attractive, mid to late 20’s, looks like a dancer
- Eddie McCuen – attractive, late 20’s to early 30’s, energetic, poor struggling comedian
- Marjorie Baverstock – 35 to 60, rich, royal, elegant
- Roger Hopewell – 30’s to 50’s, the music director
- Bernice Roth – 40-50, Librettist, very creative, dresses like a gypsy dancer
For more information please contact Director Doug Lloyd at email@example.com
The show runs weekends Aug 23-Sep 8, 2019
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
for more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/