Tue, July 9th from 7-8:30pm
Middletown Lyric Theatre
1530 Central Ave, Middletown, Ohio 45044
Based on Jane Austen’s novel of love and heartache, Pride and Prejudice, this tune filled, modern day musical follows the path of four lovelorn and love-lost young professionals, friends and siblings in New York City. Along with a couple other eccentric characters find out what it is to fall in love with someone not in spite of their faults but because of them.
- Please prepare an up-tempo and a ballad – (please keep your songs under 5 minutes.)
- Please have your music cut for our accompanist
- Please choose music that shows a wide range of your vocal abilities
- You will be ask to do cold-readings from the script
- First Rehearsal: SUNDAY August 4th. We will rehearse 3 – 4 times a week. Days may include Saturday and Sundays. Full rehearsal schedule determined when show is cast.
- IMPORTANT DATES – Outside of the rehearsal schedule you MUST be conflict free the following dates. If you are not please do not audition.
September 3 – 14 & September 19 – 21 – evenings
September 7 – All day tech rehearsal
- Actual Performances: September 13, 14, 20 & 21 – (There will be a matinee on one of the Saturday’s)
CHARACTERS – If you look under 40 please feel free to audition. ALL ethnicities
- Austin (Lead): Male, 25-35
straight-laced, romantic, conservative, methodical, greeting card writer who is very devoted to his ex-girlfriend and desperately wants her back (tenor to A).
- Marcy (Lead): Female, 25-35
free-spirited, evolving, fun-loving, and eccentric photographer who is more than willing to help Austin get his ex-girlfriend back as he is her perfect Mr. Wrong (soprano, strong mix to F, belt to D).
- Jeff (Lead): Male, 25-35
quirky, not always the best with words, no-strings-attached, older brother to Austin; wants to help him rebound quickly from the breakup and in the meantime, he is perfectly content to have a friendship with benefits (baritone to G).
- Diana (Lead): Female, 25-35
intelligent, no-nonsense, by-the-numbers, best friend and roommate to Marcy, she encourages Marcy to find her Mr. Wrong so that she can then be with her Mr. Right; she will happily have a friendship with benefits with Jeff (alto to D).
- NYC Woman (Supporting): 25-40
plays multiple characters and must be comfortable with improvisation, movement, and have excellent comedic timing (mezzo soprano).
- NYC Man: Male, 25-40
plays multiple characters and must be comfortable with improvisation, movement, and have excellent comedic timing (bari-tenor).