Beechmont Players announces auditions for THE BEST MAN by Gore Vidal.
It’s a bruising presidential primary battle, full of dark secrets and blackmail, between a man of principle and a young street fighter, egged on by an incumbent bent on playing king-maker. Who will come out on top?
- 2pm on Sunday, July 14
- 7pm on Monday, July 15
At Cherry Grove United Methodist Church – 1428 Eight Mile Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45255
Five Performances: October 18-26, 2019 at the Anderson Center Theater
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Art Hockstader – Former president (70s)
- William Russell – Presidential candidate, intellectual, former Secretary of State (50s)
- Alice Russell – Russell’s wife, “Old American Establishment” (late 40s)
- Joe Cantwell – Presidential candidate, opportunistic (40s)
- Mabel Cantwell – Cantwell’s Southern Belle wife (late 30s/early 40s)
- Mrs. Gamadge – Influential columnist (50s-70s)
- Don Blades – Cantwell’s campaign manager (30s-50s)
- Dick Jensen – Russell’s campaign manager (30-50s)
- Sheldon Marcus – Former army comrade of Cantwell, plump, nervous (40s)
Senator Clyde Carlin – 40s-60s
- Dr. Artinian – Psychiatrist (40s-60s)
- Reporters/Delegates/Aides, etc. (M-F, mixed ages)