August Wilson’s FENCES
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
Jan. 25-Feb. 16
Directed by Christopher V. Edwards
Set against the backdrop of 1950’s Pittsburgh, August Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize winning drama tells the story of Troy Maxson, a one-time star of the Negro baseball leagues who now works as a garbage man, holding court and expounding on life from the chair in his backyard. Due to his race, Troy was denied his shot at the big league, so when his son Cory wants his own chance to play ball, Troy’s bitterness and resentment threaten to tear their relationship apart.
- In preview Wed-Thu, Jan. 23-24 at 7:30pm. All seats $43.
- Fri-Sat, Jan. 25-26 at 7:30pm
- Thu-Sat, Jan. 31-Feb. 2 at 7:30pm
- Sun, Feb. 3 at 2pm
- Thu-Sat, Feb. 7-9 at 7:30pm
- Sun, Feb. 10 at 2pm
- Thu-Fri, Feb. 14-15 at 7:30pm
- Sat, Feb. 16 at 2pm & 7:30pm