Sunset Players will hold open auditions for the Cincinnati premiere of Ken Ludwig’s SHERWOOD: THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD on:
Wednesday & Thursday, January 9 & 10 from 7-9 pm at The Art Center at Dunham at 1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238.
All the action, all the romance…all the laughs? Produced by special arrangements from Samuel French, Ken Ludwig’s Sherwood is a rip-roaring joyride featuring Robin, Friar Tuck and Little John, as well as two sword-wielding maidens, Marian and Doerwynn. Add in not one but three villains: The Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John and Sir Guy along with some comedy and romance, and you have Ken Ludwig’s valentine to the swashbuckler story.
Sunset Players and director Dennis Murphy are looking for a large band of actors to play the merry men and maidens and a few villains for the May 2019 production. Roles are available for 12-14 men and 4-6 women with 32 characters in all. Rehearsals will begin in mid-February, and show dates are May 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17 and 18.
- Robin of Locksley, noble-born bandit with a noble heart
- Friar Tuck, the far from holy narrator of the story
- Maid Marian, noble woman and supporter of Robin. Very handy with a bow and arrow.
- Little John, Robin’s rather brawny right-hand man
- Doerwynn, a rescued maiden who has a crush on Robin and becomes part of his merry band
- Sheriff of Nottingham, the heavy-handed arm of the law
- Sir Guy of Gisbourne, a corrupt noble in league with the Sheriff and Prince John
- Prince John/King Richard, a dual role portraying both a good monarch and an evil one
- And an ensemble of merry men and women to play a variety of roles.
Auditions will involve cold readings from the script. If you cannot make the audition dates and are interested in a role, contact Dennis Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate audition.
Sunset Players, Inc. is a community theater group located on the west side of Cincinnati. Founded in 1979, the group performs at the Arts Center at Dunham and has produced more than 120 plays. Its mission is to bring a smile, and its plays include comedies, farces, dramatic comedies and musical comedies—as long as there is some “comedy” in the performance somewhere. For more information about the season, visit our website at www.sunsetplayers.org or like us on Facebook.