The Educational Theatre Association is seeking an Education Manager to join our team. Please see the attachment or the posting below for details and how to apply. Thanks!
Supervisor: Deputy Executive Director, Content & Education
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Job Description: EdTA has a unique opportunity for an experienced educator to manage the production and maintenance of various online and in-person educational resources for adult members, which includes instructor-led workshops, web-based courses, self-directed on-line learning, and lesson plans.
About Us: The Educational Theatre Association is an international association with more than 135,000 active members. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education: honoring student achievement in theatre; supporting teachers by providing professional development, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills.
Developing Educational Programming
- Work with staff, subject matter experts, members, vendors and consultants to develop, implement, and maintain learning solutions that provide member value in all career stages.
- Research, select, and modify existing training curriculum, content, materials, job aids, etc. to meet learning needs of members.
- Review educational offering evaluations and make recommendations for program enhancements. Ensure that course content is up to date and platforms are functioning properly.
- Identify subject matter experts to lead educational programs on relevant topics.
- Participate in content development team meetings to discuss projects, collaborate with staff, and ensure initiatives are in alignment with overall Association strategy
- Work with online course partner(s) in the successful development, and implementation of educational offerings on relevant topics.
Managing Educational Programming
- Execute all phases of in-person and virtual education program planning, which includes third-party content development, logistics, and project management of budgets and timelines.
- Analyze workshop/conference session attendee data, membership surveys, social media posts, etc. and make educational (webinars, workshops, on-line program) recommendations
- Support implementation timelines and maintenance plans for products and resources.
- Create, implement and monitor revenue and expenditures associated with educational offerings in accordance with established fiscal policies.
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS) and/or technical partner relationships, provide learning content expertise and support to resolve customer and course issues.
- Create curriculum within the LMS, schedule pre-call rehearsals, monitor webinar chats, manage webinar schedule, and develop outcome reports.
- Interface successfully with members, vendors, consultants, staff, and registrants and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications and Publications to promote educational offerings and identify cross-promotional/informational content.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field. Theatre education/experience preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with particular experience in curriculum development, online course development and web-based teaching.
- Strong project and process management skills. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with an eye for details under sometimes aggressive timelines.
- Strong business acumen as well as organization and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to interact well with program/course leaders, departmental colleagues, current and future members, and volunteers.
- Ability to utilize multi-media applications and e-learning development tools.
- Ability to apply adult learning theory and curriculum development is a plus.
- Passion for adult education and/or creating innovative learning experiences is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of business and technology applications that support member engagement. Ability to learn new software applications with relative ease.
Please submit cover letter and résumé by email (Subject Line: Education Manager) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org.
First consideration will be given to applications received by 10/7/18.
No phone calls, please.
Human Resources Manager
Educational Theatre Association I International Thespian Society I Educational Theatre Foundation