THE BLACKFACE PROJECT, a new play written by young playwright Isaiah Reaves, is based on the offensively true story of Broadway’s first black star, Bert Williams.
This charged, visceral, thought-provoking piece of African-American theater, directed by J. Farley Norman, will debut at the 15th Annual Cincinnati Fringe Festival on May. 31st!
The production is presented via Norman-Reaves productions in conjunction with the Know Theater. Sponsored by Northern Kentucky University’s Institute of Student Research.
- Isaiah Reaves: Bert Williams
- Kearston Hawkins-Johnson: Julia ‘Mudda’ Williams
- Patrick Taft: Florenz Ziegfeld Jr.
- Lexi Rigsby: Lillian Lorraine
- Matthew Nassida: Bobby North
- Geoff Hill: Sambo
The Creative Team:
- J. Farley Norman: Director
- Isaiah Reaves: Playwright
- Mackenzie Boyd: Stage Managment
- Jacob Miller: Costuming
- Anna Schwartz: Set/Props Design
THE BLACKFACE PROJECT is performing in Gabriel’s Corner (1425 Sycamore Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202) for the Cincinnati Fringe Festival on
- May 31, 2018 at 08:30 pm (Thu)
- Jun 1, 2018 at 08:30 pm (Fri)
- Jun 3, 2018 at 07:00 pm (Sun)
- Jun 8, 2018 at 07:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 9, 2018 at 02:45 pm (Sat)
Tickets are available at www.cincyfringe.com.