Open audition notice for BAKERSFIELD MIST by Stephen Sachs
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Mar 19 & 20, 2018, starting at 7pm both nights.
Production dates: May 11-27, 2018
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Doug Lloyd
Produced by Rick Flynn
Maude Gutman, an unemployed bartender, lives in a trailer park and has purchased a painting for $3.00 at a thrift store that she believes to be an unknown painting by the great Jackson Pollock. She hires an art expert to verify the painting. Lionel Percy, a stuffy New York arts expert and a self-described connoisseur, goes to Bakersfield, California, to render his verdict as to whether Maude has a Pollock or a fake. This smash-hit comedy premiered in London in 2016 and has already had several productions across the United States.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Mar 21 and May 27, 2018
Character specs will be provided when available.
Audition requirements may be subject to revision or addition in the next several weeks.
Please check the Facebook event for future updates.
The show runs weekends May 11-27, 2018
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/