CINCINNATI, OH – February 12, 2018 — Sunset Players announces auditions for the Cincinnati community theater premiere of the musical IF/THEN, music by Tom Kitt with lyrics and book by Brian Yorkey.
Directed by Jerry Yearout with music direction by Allen Lindsey, IF/THEN will run at Sunset Players July 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, and 21.
Music auditions will be held February 25 and 27 from 7:00-9:30 pm at the Art Center at Dunham at 1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238. Callbacks will be held March 7 at 7:00 pm. Audition slots will be held in 10-minute increments. To sign up for an audition time, visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4caea72fabff2-auditions3. Bring a Broadway or pop song that will show off your range. Piano accompanist will be provided. For questions, contact Jerry Yearout at email@example.com.
With unforgettable songs and a deeply moving story by the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning creators of Next to Normal, IF/THEN is a fascinating, ambitious and original new musical that simultaneously follows one woman’s two possible life paths, painting a deeply moving portrait of the lives that we lead, as well as the lives that we might have led.
Elizabeth, a city planner, moves back to New York to restart her life in the city of infinite possibilities. When her carefully designed plans collide with the whims of fate, Elizabeth’s life splits into two parallel paths. IF/THEN follows both stories simultaneously, as this modern woman faces the intersection of choice and chance.
IF/THEN is a contemporary Broadway musical about living in New York today and all of the possibilities of tomorrow. With a powerhouse role for a leading lady and rich and complex supporting roles, this show celebrates dynamite talent and the power of great storytelling.
- Elizabeth: An urban planner, newly returned to New York City. Female. Able to play late 30s, Vocal range: top – E5 and bottom – A3
- Kate: Elizabeth’s neighbor, a kindergarten teacher. Female. Able to play 30s. Vocal range: top – F5 and bottom – A3
- Lucas: Elizabeth’s college friend, a community activist. Male. Able to play late 30s. Vocal range: top – Ab4 and bottom – B2
- Josh: A doctor and Army Reservist. Male. Able to play 30s. Vocal range: top – A#4 and bottom – C2
- Stephen: Elizabeth’s grad-school colleague, a city planner. Male. Able to play early 40s. Vocal range: top – D4 and bottom – D3
- Anne: Kate’s girlfriend. Female. Able to play 30s. Vocal range: top – C5 and bottom – E4
- David: A pediatric surgeon. Male. Able to play 30s.
- Elena: A city planner. Female. Able to play in 20s. Vocal range: top – C5 and bottom – E4
- Ensemble: Various citizens of New York City. Gender: Both
Sunset Players, Inc. is a community theater group located on the west side of Cincinnati. Founded in 1979, the group performs at the Arts Center at Dunham and has produced more than 120 plays. Its mission is to bring a smile, and its plays include comedies, farces, dramatic comedies and musical comedies—as long as there is some “comedy” in the performance somewhere. For more information about the 37th season, visit our website at www.sunsetplayers.org or like us on Facebook.