Beechmont Players announces auditions for WHEN WE ARE MARRIED by J.B. Priestly with six performances from May 11-19, 2018 at Anderson Center.
Audition dates/times: Sunday, January 7 from 2-4 PM and Monday, January 8 from 7-9PM
Audition location: Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, Fellowship Hall, lower level, 1428 Eight Mile Rd, Anderson Township
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
A resume with photo is preferred, but all auditionees should bring a resume along with your conflicts for the period February 26 – May 19.
Summary: Twenty-five years ago, three young couples were married on the same day by the same newly ordained parson. Now pillars of the community, the couples gather to celebrate their anniversary. Pandemonium breaks out and relationships are hilariously re-evaluated when they discover that at the time of their marriage, the parson wasn’t yet legally licensed—and they’ve been living in sin!
CAST with stage ages:
- Ruby Birtle: A cheeky maid-of-all-work, 15
- Mrs. Northrop: A gossipy, grumpy old cook
- Nancy Holmes: A young lady in her 20’s, love interest for Forbes
- Maria Helliwell: The Alderman’s wife, 45-55 year old
- Clara Soppit: A noisy, domineering 45-55 year old, wife of Herbert
- Lottie Grady: A flashy, middle-aged barmaid
- Annie Parker: The councillor’s long suffering wife, 45-55 year old
- Gerald Forbes: The church organist, a young man in his 20’s
- Fred Dyson: A cheeky youngish newspaper reporter
- Henry Ormonroyd: A middle-aged, boozy newspaper photographer
- Alderman Joseph Helliwell: A pompous 45-55 year old, proud of his lofty position
- Councillor Albert Parker: A conceited 45-55 year old
- Herbert Soppit: A henpecked 45-55 year old
- Reverend Clement Mercer: the middle-aged local parson
Questions? Contact the director Cathy Roesener at email@example.com or 513-231-8558.