Open audition notice for STELLA AND LOU by Bruce Graham
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Nov 20 & 21, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Jan 19-Feb 4, 2018
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — http://www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by J. Gary Thompson
Produced by Barbara Jorgensen
Lou’s South Philadelphia bar is the kind of place where the same faces sit on the same barstools seven nights a week, drowning their sorrows into countless mugs of beer. Lou is happy to run the place and enjoy time with Stella when she stops in. But Stella has decided they need to take the next step in their relationship — or she’s moving to Florida. This funny, wise, and tender story is a mid-life portrait of friendship, and maybe more. At the play’s premiere at Chicago’s Northlight Theatre in 2013, it was cheered by critics for its humor and honesty.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Nov 22, 2017 and Feb 4, 2018
*casting requirements may be subject to revisions
- Lou – specs to be announced
- Stella – specs to be announced
- Donnie – specs to be announced
Updated information is forthcoming
The show runs weekends Jan 19-Feb 4, 2018
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
for more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/