Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, OCT 9 & 10, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Nov 17-Dec 3, 2017
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Lorrie Sparrow-Knapp
Produced by Jeff Sams and Kathy Mola
Pastor Paul’s modest church of twenty years ago now has a congregation of thousands, classrooms for Sunday school, a coffee shop, and much more. But today Paul will preach a sermon that will shake the foundations of his church’s beliefs. What happens when something we believe will always remain the same suddenly changes? A finalist at the Humana Festival in 2014, this play opened off-Broadway soon afterward. In 2016, it was chosen as the eighth most-produced new play by American Theatre Magazine.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Whereas singing ability is not required for casting, you may be asked to sing a chorus of the hymn, “Amazing Grace.”
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Oct 16 & Dec 3, 2017
- Paul – A Pastor, late 40’s to early 50’s
- Elizabeth – Paul’s Wife, mid 40’s to early 50’s
- Joshua – Associate Pastor, mid 20’s through 30
- Jay – Church Elder, late 40’s to early 50’s
- Jennifer – A Congregant, early 20’s
For further information or a copy of the script to read in advance, please contact the director at email@example.com.
The show runs weekends Nov 17-Dec 3, 2017
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now
- Adult: $19
- Senior (60 or older): $17
- Student: $12
- Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/