Songs by Heart is looking for professional level singers and pianists who are comfortable with the musical theater/ cabaret style, focusing on songs from the 1960s and before.
- Singers and Pianists collaborate to perform 45-minute sing-along programs daily, consisting of popular music from the early part of the 20th century. In addition to singing/ leading the songs, singers will be expected to interact with the residents – encouraging them to sing, dance, clap, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- The singer must be able to perform an energetic and engaging 45 minute program each session.
- Pianists must have strong sight-reading abilities.
- Basic training in music therapy and how to interact with dementia sufferers will be provided by Songs by Heart, so previous experience in these areas is a plus, but not required.
- If hired, this would be a regular weekly or even daily commitment. Schedule will be determined based on the availability of musicians and the communities.
- This is a paid position.
Auditions will be held on Friday, September 15 between 6 and 8pm.
To schedule an audition, please contact Emily Becker: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about the company by visiting our website: www.songsbyheart.org.