Bart’s Bards, a Christian theatrical ministry of St. Bartholomew Parish, is holding an Open Call for Directors for our summer 2018 Musical. Dates for the run are Thursday, June 21 at 8PM, Friday, June 22 at 8PM, Saturday, June 23 at 2PM & 8PM, and Sunday, June 24 at 2PM, 2018. The show is performed on the Ray Sowell Commemorative Stage in the Fr. William F. Krumpe Activity Center in Springfield Township, OH. Interested persons should email Joy Niehaus at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a 30-minute appointment time on one of the following dates:
- Saturday, September 23, 2017, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Monday, September 25, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
You may pitch one of these 3 shows:
2. PETER PAN (no flying)
3. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
**You may also pitch a show of your choice; however, it must include a significant number of children in the cast. Widely recognizable shows are preferred.
Please note: while we will be as flexible as possible if more time is needed to pitch multiple shows, timing may be restricted due to the number of directors presenting.
Please be prepared with the following items:
- Your theatrical resume and contact information.
- List of production or technical crew persons that work with you on a regular basis.
- For all shows presented, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What technical issues does the show present? How would you resolve them?
- Are there any foreseen casting difficulties with the show? How would you overcome them?
- What draws you to want to be a director?
- What would make someone want to see this show?
- How do you plan to communicate with your production staff (i.e. choreographer, music director, stage manager, etc.) and cast?
- Do you have other commitments during the time frame of the show? What is your contingency plan?
- For PETER PAN, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How would you put this show on stage without the ability to fly the actors (this will most likely not fit into the budget for this year’s production)?
- What barriers do you see to making this show a success without the ability to fly the actors? How would you overcome these?
- How much would you expect not flying the actors to impact ticket sales?
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Bart’s Bards Board Co-Chairwoman, joy Niehaus, at email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest.