Open audition notice for MARJORIE PRIME by Jordan Harrison
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Aug 21 & 22, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Oct 6-22, 2017
(NOTE: If you would like to audition but are unavailable these two evenings, please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate time.)
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Jared Mola
Produced by Debra Kent
In the not-too-distant future and the age of artificial intelligence, 85-year-old Marjorie is trying to cope with the loss of her deceased husband through the use of a prime, an exact replica of him programmed to interact with her in human-like ways. What would we remember, and what would we forget, if given the chance? Would we rewrite the past? This play explores loss and memory, the mysteries of human identity and the limits (if any) of what technology can replace. MARJORIE PRIME was a finalist for the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for drama.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between Aug 23 & Oct 22.
- Marjorie – 80’s
- Walter – late 20’s – 30’s
- Tess – 50’s – Marjorie’s daughter
- Jon – 50’s – Marjorie’s son-in-law
For further information or a copy of the script to read in advance, please contact the director at email@example.com
The show runs weekends Oct 6-22, 2017
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now:
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/