Mariemont Players and director Tom Peters announce auditions for BECKY’S NEW CAR.
- 7 PM Friday, August 4, 2017
- 7 PM Saturday, August 5, 2017
Callbacks (if needed):
- 7 PM Sunday, August 6, 2017
- Mariemont Players
Walton Creek Theater
4101 Walton Creek Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45227
- Beginning early November on weekday evenings and some Saturdays and Sundays.
- January 5-21, 2018
This laugh-out-loud amusement park ride will take you on a comedic cruise through the perils of middle-aged longing. Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the deadpan humor and U-turn plot twists as Becky leads you down the road less traveled.
Characters (4 men, 3 women):
- Becky Foster (45-55+): The center of the story. Charming, funny, engaging, honest, charismatic. Becky is a wife and mother. She is loyal, hardworking, and missing something. What? She’s not sure. Becky is required to interact with the audience during the production.
- Joe Foster (45-55): Becky’s husband. He is strong, pragmatic, honest, sharper than he looks and a loyal family man with a big heart.
- Chris Foster (23-28): Becky and Joe’s son. He lives in the basement. He is a graduate student studying psychology. He is smart, funny, easy-going, yet passionate – a good kid.
- Walter Flood (50-65): A very wealthy businessman recently widowed. He is charming, friendly, gentle, and a bit out of touch, especially when it comes to members of the opposite sex.
- Kensington (Kenni) Flood (23-28): Walter’s daughter. She is pretty, cynical, smart, a bit spoiled – yet grounded.
- Steve (40-55): A recently widowed car salesman who works with Becky. He is neurotic, emotional, whiny, manic, clueless. He’s a bit of a nebbish, but not a bad guy underneath it all.
- Ginger (45-55): Walter’s single neighbor who has recently lost all of her money and the things that go along with it. She is jaded, funny, honest, and lonely. She’s on the prowl.
Auditions will consist of cold readings of the script. Resumes and head shots are appreciated and encouraged.
For more information or to see perusal audition sides, contact director Tom Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org