Open audition notice for ALL MY SONS by Arthur Miller
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, June 26 & 27, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: Aug 18-Sep 3, 2017
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Debra Kent
Produced by K.L.Storer
During World War II, Joe Keller and his business partner were accused of knowingly shipping damaged airplane parts that led to the deaths of twenty-one servicemen. While only his business partner, Steve Deever, was convicted of the crime, Keller was guilty as well. When both the Keller family and the Deever family find out the truth, it damages even further the relationships among the children of both families, resulting in the Keller son’s confrontation of his father. This play received the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Play.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts between June 28 and Sep 3, 2017
- Note that time off will be given for Fourth of July holiday
If you are unavailable to audition on June 26 & 27, please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate time.
- Joe Keller: middle age, a businessman with common sense
- Kate Keller: middle age, Joe’s wife; a smart woman with sharp instincts
- Chris Keller: thirty-ish (give or take), Joe and Kate’s son. A nice guy; wants to marry Ann
- Ann Deever: around Chris’s age; nice girl, determined that nothing will get in her way of marrying Chris
- George Deever: Ann’s brother, an attorney
- Dr. Jim Bayless: mid-30’s to mid-40’s; next door neighbor who wishes he had followed his dreams
- Sue Bayless: Jim’s wife; enjoys being married to a doctor
- Frank Lubey: next door neighbor, nice guy with a wife and kids
- Lydia Lubey: Frank’s wife; the girl George should have married
- The role of young Bert has been cast
For more information please contact Producer K.L.Storer at email@example.com
The show runs weekends Aug 18-Sep 3, 2017
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
2017/2018 Season ticket packages currently on sale at the box office for $85
– in person or call 937-278-5993
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/