Open audition notice for WONDER OF THE WORLD by David Lindsay-Abaire
Auditions will be held Mon & Tue, Mar 20 & 21, 2017, starting at 7:00 pm both nights.
Production dates: May 12-28, 2017
The Dayton Theatre Guild at the Caryl D. Philip TheatreScape
430 Wayne Ave, Dayton OH, 45410
937-278-5993 — www.daytontheatreguild.org
Directed by Saul Caplan
Produced by Melanie Brenner
A woman named Cass makes a startling discovery about her husband Kip and leaves him, hopping a bus to Niagara Falls in search of freedom, enlightenment, and the meaning of life. She takes with her a bucket list of two-hundred things she wants to do and, along the way, crosses paths with some very interesting people.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- A résumé and headshot are not required but are appreciated.
- Please provide a list of all known conflicts.
All ages are approximate and relative:
- Cass: 30’s
- Kip: 30’s (Cass and Kip should look like a credible couple)
- Lois: 45-50
- Glenn: 60-ish
- Karla: 60-ish
- Multi-woman: any age, but 35-45 would be ideal
ALL ROLES ARE OPEN FOR DIVERSITY IN CASTING
Note from the director:
“Here’s what’s most important. While none of these characters are floridly psychotic, all are just a little bit off center. Think of a circle that at first glance looks perfectly round, but then you notice that it’s slightly out-of-round. Or two lines that appear parallel until you notice that one of them goes off on a slightly different direction.
“We’ll be especially looking and listening for interesting choices in line delivery; choices that 97% of other actors wouldn’t make. Be brave! Be bold! Be funny!”
For more information please contact Producer Melanie Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org
The show runs weekends May 12-28, 2017
First Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday 3pm
Second & Third Weekend: Friday 8pm, Saturday 5pm, Sunday 3pm
*Children under seven will not be admitted
Individual tickets on sale now
Senior (60 or older): $17
Special pricing for groups of 10 or more, call the Box Office at 937-278-5993 for pricing
– http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/ click on “Tickets” link
– or call 937-278-5993
– or at the box office day of the show
* All individual tickets purchased in advance via our on-line ticket system or by telephone will also include a $1 convenience fee.
For more information, including auditions, see http://www.daytontheatreguild.org/