Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Director of Information Technology
The Information Technology Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet internal and external customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Identify alternatives for optimizing computer systems resources.
Reports to: Managing Director (primary) and Artistic Director (secondary)
Direct Reports: Network Administrator
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the IT department including helpdesk, network, telecommunications, infrastructure, application development, and CRM/ticketing application.
- Develop and establish IT Standards, procedures, and policies, including Service Level Agreements.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade operating systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system. Analyse and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Install, configure, and upgrade server system hardware and peripherals to include: network cards, printers, modems, mice and add-in boards.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Manage staff and business relationships with third party IT contractors.
- Act as a member of senior staff to aid in strategic planning for the betterment of the Playhouse.
- Develop and maintain the IT budget, including assessing, recommending, and implementing IT purchases.
- Evaluate new technologies that will benefit/streamline workflow of other departments and save on budget expenses.
- Maintain disaster recovery plan.
- Leverage technology in a fiscally responsible manner.
- VMWare environment and VMWare View/UEM required.
- Cisco Networking required.
- Office 365 and Sharepoint Online required.
- Windows Server/Desktop required.
- Dynamics GP; Microsoft SQL; Cisco Unified Communications including CCX; and Microsoft Windows certificates are highly desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience as an IT Director or similar role – minimum 6 years.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints while under pressure.
- Experience in controlling an information technology budget.
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field or equivalent experience; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in the Theatre/Arts a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to ITRecruiter@cincyplay.com by March 17, 2017. No phone calls please.