Mariemont Players and director Dan Maloney announce auditions for DollHouse by Theresa Rebeck.
- Sunday, February 12th from 1-4pm
- Monday, February 13th at 7pm
Location: 4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
Performance Dates: April 28th-May 14th
Set in suburban Connecticut, Nora and her husband Evan are living in blissful idealism until an “old business” partner reappears in Nora’s life. The tension then mounts as Nora struggles to find what lies ahead in an uncertain future.
- Nora – 35-45. Former high school and college cheerleader. Daughter of a successful hedge-fund manager. She has “known real happiness,” but has a secret.
- Evan – 45-55. Nora’s husband. Recently promoted to president of a bank. He carries himself with the confidence of his breeding and years of business success.
- Christine – 35-45. Friend of Nora’s that she hasn’t seen since high school. Divorced. Wanted to marry rich, but that didn’t work out. In need of a job.
- Dr. Damien Rank – 45-55. Evan’s best friend. Loves Nora. In the beginning stages of ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Neil Fitzpatrick – 35-45. Harvard MBA. Confidant of Nora’s father. Recently released from prison after serving 18 months for embezzlement. In need of a job.
- Julianna – The maid. Jamaican.
- Bob – Child, 8-12. Son of Nora and Evan.
- Emma – Child, 8-12. Daughter of Nora and Evan.
Rehearsals will begin around the middle of March and will be determined by the availability of the cast. Please bring known conflicts from March 6th-May 14th. Please note, there is a 2 PM performance on Mother’s Day, Sunday May 14th.
Resumes and head shots are appreciated but not required. For more information or to review the script, contact director Dan Maloney at email@example.com.