The Village Players of Fort Thomas invites you to the auditions for DON’T TALK TO THE ACTORS by Tom Dudzick. Directed by Merritt Beischel
- Sunday, January 8, 2017 @ 5:00-8:00 PM
- Monday, January 9, 2017 @ 7:00-10:00 PM
Performance Dates: April 21-29, 2017
The Village Players of Fort Thomas – please use the street level entrance
8 N Ft. Thomas Ave
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
ABOUT THE SHOW
The best laid plans go awry when the cast and crew of a Broadway-bound play resort to manipulation, diva-like behavior, and chaotic abandon to get what they want. Fledgling playwright Jerry Przpezniak and his fiancée are a couple of Buffalo greenhorns suddenly swept up in the whirlwind of New York’s theater scene when Jerry’s play is optioned for the big money, ego-driven world of Broadway. It’s a young playwright’s dream, but the crazy characters and dilemmas they encounter are the things theatrical nightmares are made of.
- Jerry Przpezniak: Male, 30-39 — Innocent playwright living his dream (he thinks…) of having his show produced on Broadway; likable, excited but possibly in over his head.
- Arlene Wyniarski: Female, 25-30 — Jerry’s fiancée, a teacher suddenly thrust into the New York theatre scene; a “wisp of a girl”; sometimes naïve and star struck. (Note: some physical comedy involved)
- Mike Policzek: Male, 50-60 — Chicago theatrical director who handles crises with ease and grace; friendly and laid back, but thoroughly competent and professional.
- Curt Logan: Male, 55-65 — Former TV star seeking a vehicle to put him back in spotlight; well-preserved with a large presence and ego; some find him charming while most find him bombastic.
- Beatrice Pomeroy: Female, 55-65 — Night club entertainer/belter of bawdy songs/Curt’s TV wife years ago; though loud and brassy, she has a gentle soul. (Note: Beatrice sings as part of her act, but the actress playing her does not need to be a singer)
- Lucinda/Louis Shaw: Female, 30-39 — British, in-demand stage manager; physically a mess; very good at her job but not so great at relationships. (Note: role may also be played by a male, becoming Louis Shaw, a gay Brit with a boyfriend)
No roles have been pre-cast.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Resumes and head shots are appreciated but not required. Please bring known conflicts for the period between January 22nd and April 29th. Rehearsals will be determined by the availability of those who are cast.
For more information, please contact director Merritt Beischel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village Players of Fort Thomas
Ticket phone line: (859) 392-0500