CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
We are so excited to announce that November will bring our second annual QUEERBARET!
We want YOU to come join us as a performer for this magical night of queer theatrical bliss. Here are the guidelines for your material:
- Material should be something about which you are passionate, and would otherwise not have the opportunity to perform. This is your chance to take a swing at that song/scene/monologue that falls outside of your age, gender, sexuality, race, type etc.
- Ideally, material should not exceed 5 minutes in length. (Exceptions could be made based on number of submissions.)
- You may submit as groups, or if you do not have a scene partner in mind, submit the material anyway. Maybe someone else’s submissions will line up and I can pair you.
- If you would like to do a musical selection, a piano accompanist will be provided, but additional instrumentation would be up to you to organize.
- Each number will be the responsibility of the performer(s) to rehearse- though we will have 1-2 joint rehearsals for brief coaching/tweaking and to rehearse flow of the evening.
Please submit your idea, any technical requirements, and (ideally) a copy of the material to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than TUESDAY NOVEMBER 1.
Can’t wait to see what you’ve all got cooking!