TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome 97,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theater productions at the historic Taft.
- TCT On Tour – We see over 60,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
- TCT Academy – Over 300 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week intensive summer NKU STAR Intensive where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
- Create smiles, open minds, and touch hearts.
- Harness theater experiences and the arts as forces for education and understanding.
- Create meaningful shared arts experiences.
- Present award winning and nationally recognized productions and arts education programming.
- Foster a work environment of excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- We believe in the power of theater to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Creative and Marketing Director to help the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. The Marketing Coordinator will support all marketing and PR initiatives, in collaboration with the Managing and Artistic Directors of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (TCT) and the Development department.
The Marketing Coordinator of TCT reports directly to the Creative and Marketing Director.
The Marketing Coordinator contributes to and implements a variety of strategies and tactics that support all areas of the organization.
Duties of the Marketing Coordinator’s include, but are not limited to:
- Media Relations
- Write and distribute all publicity materials, including press releases, listings materials, fact sheets and photos.
- Track media sources and measure effectiveness. Use this data in creation of the media buy strategy for the subsequent year.
- Update media lists.
- Media relations liaison for TCT. Coordinate all media appearances and interviews.
- Develop editorial story content with Creative and Marketing Director to pitch to media.
- Public Relations
- Coordinate all grass-roots promotions, marketing events, giveaways and community appearances.
- Coordinate and communicate sponsor discounts and perks.
- Oversee company Scouting Badge program and Girl Scout partnership.
- Keep a seasonal publicity archive.
- MainStage Program
- Each season, work with Cincinnati Magazine to create and coordinate the MainStage program design, sponsor advertising and internal content.
- Constant Contact Emails
- Write, design and run all constituent messaging through the internal approval and revision process.
- Send emails to select targeted lists and follow-up with measurable results.
- Website and Social Media
- Manage all web content and projects related to TCT’s website and social media.
- Oversee the organization’s content management system – currently Expression Engine — including all updates, copy writing and content-inclusion.
- Administration, content creation and management of TCT’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest accounts.
- Continue to develop the voice for all aspects of TCT’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing and proofreading new site content, this person will also work closely with the Creative and Marketing Director to maintain site standards with regard to new digital development.
- Develop seasonal and show-based content plans by identifying new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content throughout the site.
- Craft strategies for growing and leveraging our social presence including using site promotions, photographs, video posts, contests, and online outreach campaigns.
- Create, maintain and execute a social media content calendar and posting schedule.
- Demonstrate and practice digital and social expertise by maintaining up to date knowledge of capabilities and opportunities across key and emerging platforms.
- Generate insights from digital, social and mobile app analytics reports and integrate recommendations into future plans.
- Kids Club
- Oversight of all elements of Kids Club including: membership acquisition and renewal, merchandise, planning and execution of events and member communication.
- Other Duties As Assigned
In fulfilling his/her duties, the Marketing Associate will:
- Work closely with the Creative and Marketing Director to fulfill the mission of TCT.
- Keep the Creative and Marketing Director fully informed as to the Marketing and PR needs of TCT, while seeking their experience and advice as needed.
- Work with all staff to enhance the institutional image of the theatre and create interest in its productions.
- Be an advocate for TCT in the community.
- Consistently and accurately articulate the philosophy and policies of TCT to the staff, patrons, and general public.
- Possess traditional writing skills and expertise in new media, in addition to the creativity required to develop responsive, interesting original content.
- Please note: some evenings and weekends may be required throughout the year.
- Education Level – Bachelor Degree in Electronic Media, Journalism, English, Marketing and Communications, or related field.
- Fluent in MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Knowledge of Expression Engine, Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, TRG Data Center and video editing a plus.
- Exceptional copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in developing content and managing production across multi-media channels, including print, web, video, etc.
- Experience with web reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Effective listening, problem-solving skills.
- The ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Detail-oriented while able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of initiative.
- Self-sufficient while also a collaborative team player.
- Creative thinking.
- Enthusiasm, integrity and energy.
- A sense of humor and a love of theater – a plus!
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $30,000 to $40,00
- Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO based on years of service.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
To apply, email your resume, three samples of your writing and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Deadline to apply: September 30, 2016